Laetitia Casta, born on May 11, 1978, in Pont-Audemer, France, is a renowned French actress and supermodel. She hails from a multicultural background, with her father being from Corsica and her mother from Normandy. Casta’s modeling career skyrocketed when she was discovered at the age of 15 while vacationing in Corsica. She soon became a prominent figure in the fashion industry, known for her distinctive beauty and charm.
Casta’s breakthrough came when she was chosen as a model for Guess? jeans in 1993. This opportunity propelled her to international fame, leading to her working with various luxury fashion houses like Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, and L’Oréal. She gained iconic status by becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel and appearing on the covers of numerous magazines, including Vogue, Rolling Stone, and Elle.
Transitioning to acting, Casta made her film debut in 1999. She received critical acclaim for her performances in movies like “Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life,” where she played Brigitte Bardot, and “Face,” a Taiwanese-French film. Casta’s versatility as an actress is evident in her varied roles, from historical figures to contemporary characters.
Apart from her modeling and acting careers, Casta has been involved in humanitarian work. She is a prominent advocate for women’s rights and has actively supported various charitable organizations.
Laetitia Casta’s journey from a Corsican beach to international fame is a testament to her talent and hard work. Her contributions to fashion and film, along with her commitment to social causes, have made her a respected and influential figure in both industries.
Below you will learn about Laetitia Casta bio, age, height, body measurements, ethnicity, political views, diet, net worth, house map, hobbies, education, tattoo, faith, languages spoken, IQ, daily routine, favourite things, dating history, quotes, news and much more.
Path to fame
May 11, 1978 (age 45)
Mixed (Corsican and Norman)
5ft 7 (170 cm)
58 kg (128 lb)
$12 Million (2023)
Stefano Accorsi (2003-2013), Stephane Sednaoui (2000-2002)
“Real beauty is to be true to oneself.”
“I am at war with the obvious.”
“I don’t believe in the star system. I believe that everyone has something to give.”
“My dream is to have a beautiful old house in Monaco.”
“It’s not the appearance that makes a man, it’s the man that makes the appearance.”
“Fashion is not art. Never.”
“I am no longer concerned with sensation and innovation, but with the perfection of my style.”
“I want to live, not just survive.”
“Beauty is not something you can count on. Usually, when people say you are beautiful, it is when there’s a harmony between the inside and the outside.”
“Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness.”
place to visit
Laetitia was discovered by a photographer while she was on the beach in Corsica.
She was chosen as the model for the bust of Marianne, an allegorical symbol of the French Republic, which appears in town halls across France.
Casta has transitioned seamlessly between modeling, acting, and humanitarian work.
She was a Victoria’s Secret Angel, one of the most coveted roles in the fashion industry.
She has a deep love for cinema and has appeared in various French films.
Her father is from Corsica and her mother is from Normandy, contributing to her unique blend of French beauty.
Laetitia has become an icon in France, representing both fashion and film.
She was a muse for the famous designer Yves Saint Laurent.
Casta is known for her involvement in women’s rights and humanitarian causes.
She has graced the covers of countless fashion magazines, including Vogue and Elle.
Laetitia Casta’s career highlights span both the fashion and film industries, reflecting her versatile talents and significant impact in each field.
Fashion Career Highlights:
– Guess? Jeans Breakthrough (1993): Casta’s career took off when she became a model for Guess? jeans, marking her entry into the world of high fashion.
– Victoria’s Secret Angel: One of her most notable achievements was becoming a Victoria’s Secret Angel, a role that cemented her status as a top international model.
– Luxury Brand Collaborations: She worked with several luxury fashion houses, including Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Ralph Lauren, and Tommy Hilfiger, further establishing her as a fashion icon.
– Magazine Covers: Casta graced the covers of numerous prestigious magazines such as Vogue, Elle, and Rolling Stone, showcasing her wide appeal and versatility as a model.
– Marianne of France: Symbolically, being chosen as the model for Marianne, an allegory of the French Republic, was a significant national honor, reflecting her status in French culture.
Acting Career Highlights:
– Film Debut (1999): Casta made her film debut in 1999, transitioning successfully from modeling to acting.
Acclaimed Performances: She received critical acclaim for her portrayal of Brigitte Bardot in “Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life” and for her role in “Face,” a Taiwanese-French film.
– Diverse Film Roles: Her acting career is marked by a range of diverse roles, from historical figures to contemporary characters, showcasing her range and depth as an actress.
– Versatility and Longevity: Casta’s ability to excel in both modeling and acting over many years is a testament to her versatility and staying power in the entertainment industry.
– Cultural Icon: Beyond her professional achievements, Casta has become a cultural icon in France, representing both beauty and talent across different artistic mediums.
These career highlights underline Laetitia Casta’s significant contributions to the fashion and film industries, making her a prominent and respected figure worldwide.